PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO’s)
PEO 1 – Our graduates excel in professional career and/or higher education by acquiring knowledge in mathematical, computing and engineering principles, pertaining to the current global scenario in Civil Engineering.
PEO 2 – Our graduates undertake Civil Engineering challenges and present optimal and facilitative solutions, through coordinated team work.
PEO 3 – Our graduates make sound ethical decisions that adhere to environmental preservation and sustainable development, while engaging in life long learning.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO’s)
Civil Engineering graduates will be able to:
- Apply domain and interdisciplinary knowledge to plan, analyse and design Civil Engineering systems.
- Prepare Civil Engineering project documents such as engineering drawings, cost estimates and schedules.
- Employ research methods to evolve sustainable solutions to address industrial and societal needs.
- PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
- Engineering knowledge:Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis:Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work:Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning:Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- TECH PROGRAMME
Programme Educational Objectives
PEO 1 Our graduates excel in academics and/or research in the domain of structural engineering.
PEO 2 As quality professionals, our graduates confidently undertake projects in the field of structural engineering, and present optimal and facilitative solutions, through coordinated team work.
PEO 3 Our graduates make sound ethical decisions that adhere to environmental conservation and sustainable development, while engaging in lifelong learning.
The graduates will be able to:
PO1: Independently carry out research/investigation and development work to solve practical problems.
PO2: Demonstrate a degree of mastery in Structural Engineering
PO3: Uphold principles of ethics and sustainable development.