Placement training plays a major role in shaping up the career goals of students. It is the dream of every engineering student to get placed in a top organization visiting their campus for recruitment. The Training and Placement cell at YCET assists the students in getting recruited by top companies across various Industries. Under the guidance a dedicated team of Placement Officer, Staff Coordinators and Student Coordinators, the placement cell ensures that the students undergo the training required to transform them to Industry ready professionals.
The objective of the Training and Placement Cell is to help the students identify their career goals and provide an edge into the present day competitive job market. The scope of work of Placement Cell extends from organizing workshops to providing internships to students in various organizations during summer breaks and preparing students for the final placements.
Training and Placement Officer
Prof: Aneesh P Thankachan (9496 55 55 45, 9847 99 22 91 (watsapp)
Department Placement Coordinators
|Prof . Riyas A N||ECE||9496535483|
|Prof. Yasir A||CSE||7293560476|
|Prof. Muhammad Riyas||ME||9567597035|
|Prof. Arun Chand||EEE||9446941625|
Internships offer students a hands-on opportunity to work in their desired field. They learn how their course of study applies to the real world and build a valuable experience that makes them stronger candidates for jobs after graduation. An internship can be an excellent way to “try out” a certain career. For instance, you may think you want a fast-paced job in advertising after college, but after an internship, you may find that it’s not for you; that’s valuable insight that will help you choose your career path. In academic aspects internships also count towards course credit. Internships or training can also be done to gain activity points under KTU. This is dependent on college/department requirements, but usually, a three-month-long internship counts as a full course credit. KTU allows only maximum 20 points to be given for internships, so no matter how much internship you do, you will get only a maximum of 20 points.
Good companies offering Salaried / Paid internships usually have a lower chance to advertise their internship opportunities. So, it would be good to list the good companies and call their office or HR and ask about the internship opportunities. Mailing or messaging in social media usually won’t be enough. Sometimes, they may demand additional skills before you join the internship. This helps you to develop your skills too. Enquire about the internships before the commencement of the semester, If they require any specific skill, train yourself and prepare yourself for the internships.
2018 – 2019 (up to May 20)
|Department||Number of Placed Students|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||5|
|Electronics and Communication Engg.||16|
|Computer Science and Engineering||32|
Training and Placement Department undertakes the following activities to achieve the desired results and set targets:
- Placing the students in industries through ON campus recruitment, pooled campus and OFF campus recruitment’s
- In plant training for students in industries during summer and winter vacations
- LIVE project – support for the final year students in industries
- Continuous academia – industry interaction
- Pre-joining learning activities and Alumni activities
- Helping students during industry visits
- Create awareness about “career planning” and “career mapping” among the students.
- Equip the student with life skills.
- Train the students on “Personality development”.
- Organize Various Training Programmes to train the students in the areas of Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning and Verbal reasoning through the reputed external training organizations and in-house trainers.
- Train the students through Mock Interviews to perform well in the professional interviews as per the expectations of the corporate world.
- Train the students on group discussion techniques
- Conduct online tests and written aptitude tests.
If you prefer to contact us through regular post, kindly send your communication to
The Placement Coordinator