The Club is formed, developed, governed and administrated by the student & faculty representatives to encourage physical activities and sports.
The Sports club organizes Inter-collegiate Sports to provide leadership and recreation opportunities to the students and faculty in order to enhance their knowledge and skill in a specific sport of interest while at the same time retaining social, cognitive and physical experiences.
Goals of the sports club program:
- To provide leadership experiences for the students body at State & National Level Competitions.
- To provide recreational opportunities for the students retain their interest towards sports.
- To maintain communication with the College officials to conducts sports and games much effectively in a scheduled way.
- Conducts sports day annually.
- Conducts Intercollegiate Foot ball Tournament (Abdulla Kunju Memorial Football Tournament)
- Conducts Inter-collegiate Cricket Tournament.
- Conducts YCET premier League Cricket Tournament
The National Service Scheme (NSS) is an Indian government-sponsored public service program conducted by the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports of the Government of India. Popularly known as NSS, the scheme was launched in Gandhiji’s Centenary year, 1969 with the primary objective of developing the personality and character of the student youth through voluntary community service. ‘Education through Service’ is the purpose of the NSS. The ideological orientation of the NSS is inspired by the ideals of Mahatma Gandhi. Very appropriately, the motto of NSS is “NOT ME, BUT YOU”. An NSS volunteer places the ‘community’ before ‘self’.
- Organizing guest lectures on various topics for the overall social and personality development of the NSS volunteers
- Celebration of various days
- Tree plantation programme and Blood donation camps are organized
- Undertaking shramdan/cleaning campaign from time to time under the “Swach Bharat Mission” in college and adopted village.
INDIAN SOCIETY FOR TECHNICAL EDUCATION (ISTE)
The Indian Society for Technical Education is a national, professional, non-profit making Society registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860. The major objective of the ISTE is to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industries and other organizations. Being the only national organization of educators in the field of Engineering and Technology, ISTE effectively contributes in various missions of the Union Government. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, CTE / DST / MIT / State Governments are well associated with the ISTE for programmes relating to technical education. The Headquarters of ISTE is located at New Delhi.
Major Benefits of becoming an ISTE Member
- A Member of a National Professional Organisation
- Join an academic fraternity of over 50,000 strong professionals
- Preference to attend short-term training programmes for academic excellence and to become eligible for career advancement opportunities
- Bi-monthly Newsletter
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) is a professional association with its corporate office in New York City and its operations center in Piscataway, New Jersey. It was formed in 1963 from the amalgamation of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers and the Institute of Radio Engineers. Today, it is the world’s largest association of technical professionals with more than 400,000 members in chapters around the world. Its objectives are the educational and technical advancement of electrical and electronic engineering, telecommunications, computer engineering and allied disciplines.
YCET Clubs and Cells
YCET Eco Club
- Eco clubs play an important role in creating environmental awareness amongst the future generation.
- It is a platform where we get knowledge about environment. It also enables the students to be sensitive towards environmental concern to tackle environmental problems.
Objectives of Eco Club:-
- To educate the students about their environment.
- To create a clean and green consciousness among students through various innovative methods.
- To mobilize students towards scientific enquiry into environmental problem.
- To involve them in efforts to preserve environment.
- To motivate students how to imbibe habits and life style for minimum waste generation.
Activities of Eco Club (Tentative):
- To beautify selected road side area with plants and flowers and put campaign boards to generate awareness.
- Action based activities like tree plantation (herbal garden), cleanliness drives both within and outside the school campus.
- Organise rallies, marches, human chains and street theatre at public places with a view to spread environmental awareness.
- Organise seminars, debates, lectures and popular talks on environmental issues in the school.
YCET MUSIC CLUB
ABOUT THE CLUB:
The Music Club has been set up to encourage talent in music- instrumental as well as vocal. This is a student-run club which was formed in 2011. Members participate in all the cultural activities of the college and also in the inter-college and intra-university functions. All interested and talented students are encouraged to join as members.
OBJECTIVE OF THE CLUB:
To help students retain and enhance their own, individual love of music.
ACTIVITIES OF THE CLUB
- College level Song Competition
- Music Show in college cultural fest.
Our college inculcates social value and responsibilities to the faculty members and students by imparting extension activities in the neighborhood for holistic development of the society. Every year, all the departments adopt a particular village and render their social services to the community under “Village Adoption Program”. Apart from them, National Service Scheme also serve the society through One-day and Special Camp. In addition, outreach programs and invited lectures are also given to the community.
Through extension and outreach programs, we sensitize the students to develop social values, widespread their responsibilities and knowledge in societal issues and problems by making them to involve with the community people. Through this, we establish a good relationship with NGO, tie-up with Multi National Company and join hands with local community organization and serve the community. Students with profound interest attain the social values and responsibility. Above all, the students get hold of social justice, value, responsibility and sustainability.
- KSEB ENGINEERS ASSOCIATION ,KOLLAM AND ELECTICAL AND ELECTRONICS BRANCH OF YCET CONDUCTED TENTH SEMINAR SERIES KOLLAM DISTRICT COMPETITION ON FEBRUARY 25 IN C.H SQUARE.
14 Engineering colleges participated in this programme.
College of Engineering Kottarakkara got the First prize-
As the part of the programme, Mr.Baranitharan .M , Asst. manager IG sales and Mr. sajinjoy, Asst. manager(product management) (FLUKE Technologies, Bangalore)had given a lecture and live demonstration in ‘Recent Innovation in test and measurement’.
One of the most powerful assets YCET has built over the years is its alumni network. The alumni family is an important component for realizing the goals of the Institute – the creation, application and dissemination of t knowledge. In fact, they are the crucial change agents, who transform leadership. The Institute’s activities and programmes for its alumni are directed towards building lifelong bonds of kinship with the Institute.
Alumni association of Youus college of Engineering and Technology was started in the year 2006. It was started with a motive of bringing together all the Alumni and share their experiences they faced outside the college and also extend their helping hands from all aspects for the budding engineers of the college. Our College arranges Annual Alumni meet in January 26 in every year.
- YCET Middle East Chapter
- Alumni of YCET in middle east region also formed a association “YCET Middle East Chapter” to arrange programmes and activities annually.
- To bring together all the old students and the faculty of Gudlavalleru Engineering College to share their experiences with each other.
- To maintain and update the data base of all the alumni of the college and to interact with them.
- To utilize the rich experiences of old students of the college for the benefit and progress of the present students.
- To provide guidance to the young engineers in their endeavor for better employment and higher studies.
- To promote the campus placements through the old students working in reputed industries in India and abroad.
- To get the valuable advices of the Alumni in the overall development of the college.
- To arrange seminars, debates, workshops on Science and Technology and also to arrange cultural and social welfare programs.